1/1 Photo of Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Apples & Cheddar
I have been meaning to give this elegant sounding chicken dish for years and have decided to share it here even though I haven't tried it yet. I originally clipped this from a magazine years ago and thought it would be a lovely choice for a romantic dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (pounded to a 1/4-inch thickness with a mallet)
- 1/2 cup cooking apple (Golden Delicious or Granny Smith recommended)
- 2 tablespoons sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or 1/4 cup apple cider
- water, as needed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- fresh parsley, chopped, garnish
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1If you haven't already pounded your chicken breast halves, do so now- they should be 1/4" thin; season with salt and pepper to taste on both sides. Peel your apples unless you prefer them to have the skin on.
- 2Combine apple chunks,cheese, and bread crumbs in a small bowl.
- 3Divide the apple mixture into two portions and place one portion on top of each piece of chicken.
- 4Roll up chicken into a bundle, using toothpicks to secure if needed.
- 5Melt butter in a skillet, then brown the chicken briefly on both sides in the butter- just a few minutes each side to brown but not cook all the way through yet.
- 6Once browned, add wine and 1/4 cup of water.
- 7Cover pan and let simmer 15-20 minutes on medium-low heat- until chicken is no longer pink and completely cooked through.
- 8Remove cooked chicken from the pan using a slotted spoon and set on two plates.
- 9Remove toothpicks.
- 10Whisk together 1 Tbsp of water and the cornstarch well and add to the pan juices.
- 11Whisk until blended and cook and stir until thickened slightly (you may need to raise the heat a bit); test for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- 12Ladle over chicken and sprinkle parsley over tops as a garnish.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Apples & Cheddar
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.1
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 98.5 mg
- Sodium 219.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 31.8 g