Use a paring knife to cut the small pocket into the chicken breasts. Serve this dish with orzo or rice to soak up the yummy shallot-thyme sauce. Got this from Cooking Light and posting here for safe keeping :) You can also use the stuffing mixture as a topping for a quicker version. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato, packed without oil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup shallot, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1Combine boiling water and tomatoes in a bowl; cover and let stand 30 minutes or until soft. Drain and finely chop.
- 2Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1/3 cup shallots, sugar, and garlic; cook 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Spoon into a bowl; stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar.
- 3Combine chopped tomatoes, shallot mixture, cheese, basil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt, stirring well.
- 4Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuff about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture into each pocket. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- 5Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; cover and keep warm. Add broth, remaining shallots, 2 tablespoons vinegar, and thyme; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water, stirring with a whisk. Add cornstarch mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until sauce is slightly thick, stirring constantly. Serve sauce over chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts Stuffed W/ Goat Cheese & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.0
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 108.8 mg
- Sodium 748.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 38.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: