Recipe by CHILI SPICE
Here is a tasty recipe where the ingredients are likely already in your kitchen! Just because this chicken is quick to prepare doesn't mean it lacks flavor. Serve over steamed rice or bow-tie pasta to finish this creamy chicken dish.
Top Review by mommadeb1964
Loved this recipe. Next time I will make double sauce as it so yummy over mashed potatoes or rice. I also will brown the chicken a bit before baking to get rid of the water or buy chicken that is not infused with it! May try with asparagus too.
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in medium size frying pan.
- Saute mushrooms for 5 minutes (stirring often to prevent burning). Add diced onion and saute until translucent (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Add mushroom soup, 1/2 and 1/2, basil, paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well and take off heat.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash and pat chicken dry.
- Arrange chicken in a 2 quart baking dish.
- Spoon mushroom mixture over chicken.
- Sprinkle with croutons or parmesan cheese (optional).
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until juices run clear when pierced.