Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Here is a tasty recipe where the ingredients are likely already in your kitchen! Just because this chicken is quick to prepare doesn't mean it lacks flavor. Serve over steamed rice or bow-tie pasta to finish this creamy chicken dish.
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Heat oil in medium size frying pan.
- Saute mushrooms for 5 minutes (stirring often to prevent burning). Add diced onion and saute until translucent (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Add mushroom soup, 1/2 and 1/2, basil, paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well and take off heat.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash and pat chicken dry.
- Arrange chicken in a 2 quart baking dish.
- Spoon mushroom mixture over chicken.
- Sprinkle with croutons or parmesan cheese (optional).
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until juices run clear when pierced.
Loved this recipe. Next time I will make double sauce as it so yummy over mashed potatoes or rice. I also will brown the chicken a bit before baking to get rid of the water or buy chicken that is not infused with it! May try with asparagus too.
My family enjoyed this recipe. I flattened the chicken and marinaded it prior to cooking. Still tasted a bit bland though. Would have been even better with mashed potatoes but we are watching our carbs. All in all, good recipe and will try it again.
I made this with two cans of cream of mushroom soup -- I love the extra sauce for my rice. I only had three chicken breasts and I cut them up as a previous person mentioned. I didn't use mushrooms as I didn't have any. LOVE LOVE LOVED it !!! I've made something similar but this really tops it. My new favourite go to. Fresh garlic (I store my cloves in the freezer for ease of use).