"Supremes de volaille a brun": Sure this has an artery-clogging element to it. On the other hand, everyone in my family asked for seconds and cleaned their plates. (:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (pounded thin)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 big pinch pepper
- 1 cup flour (spread on 8-inch plate)
- 6 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1Just before sauteing sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, roll then in the flour and shake off excess flour.
- 2Pour clarified butter into skillet to a depth of about 1/16". Set over moderately high heat. Add the breasts. Adjust heat as necessary to keep the butter from getting any darker than a deep yellow.
- 3Saute for three minutes, then turn breasts and saute an additional 3 minutes. Press the tops with your finger. As soon as they are springy to the touch, they are done. Remove to a warm plate, leaving the butter in the pan.
- 4For Sauce: after removing the breasts from the pan, add the shallots to the remaining butter and saute for a moment. Add the wine and stock and boil down rapidly over high heat until the liquid is lightly syrupy. Pour over the chicken and sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts Sauteed in Butter With Brown Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 544.7
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 138.6 mg
- Sodium 372.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 34.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: