Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This looks so elegant and different! Use when pears are sweet and in season. Originally found on mealsforyou. *I have included my way of cooking bacon, & never make it any other way any more.* Add about an extra 15 minutes to cooking time.
- 4 chicken breast halves, bone in
- 4 slices bacon, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon coarse grain mustard
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine (not cooking wine)
- 2 3⁄4 seckel pears, cored and sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh thyme sprig
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In medium skillet over medium heat, place bacon and cook until crisp, about 3 minutes.
- *(My way of cooking bacon is to roast it in a 400ºF oven, for about 15-20 minutes until the bacon is crispy. Lay on paper-towel lined plate and allow to cool.)*
- Add onion and garlic; cook until very soft and sweet, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in mustard, cream and white wine. Add crumbled bacon pieces. Taste for seasoning.
- Place pear slices in the bottom of 9"x13" glass baking dish. Place chicken breasts on top of pears.
- Spoon mustard sauce over chicken; sprinkle with chopped thyme.
- Place chicken in oven and bake 40-45 minutes, until chicken is brown and cooked through and pears are tender. Baste chicken with sauce as it cooks.
- Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.
- Serve with fresh asparagus stalks and brown rice.