Recipe by SB6
Found recipe on askchef, tried it, loved the ease and flavor. Great weeknight meal. The only addition I would make is to double the sauce because we love sauce & it is delicious.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Yum! This was excellent for such an easy meal! Didn't change a thing except for using gluten free Worcestershire sauce. Thanks for sharing :)
Made for your win on Football Pool Week 1
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow dish or bowl, combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and ground black pepper. Coat chicken breasts with flour mixture. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown chicken on all sides. Remove from skillet, and drain on paper towels.
- In the same skillet, combine the tomatoes, water, brown sugar, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt, chili powder, mustard, celery seed, garlic and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and return chicken to skillet. Cover, and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is tender, no longer pink and juices run clear.