Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Nice enough to serve guests.
Make and share this Chicken Breasts over Rigatoni With Gorgonzola Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (each about 4 to 6 ounces)
- 88.74 ml fresh lemon juice
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 9.85 ml minced garlic, divided
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 59.14 ml finely chopped onion
- 354.88 ml heavy cream
- 4 fresh sage leaves, chopped (optional)
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 340.19 g rigatoni pasta, cooked al dente and keep warm (or other tubular pasta)
- 78.07 ml flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 59.14 ml dry white wine
- 236.59 ml crumbled gorgonzola or 236.59 ml blue cheese
- 118.29 ml grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 29.58 ml minced parsley (to garnish)
- CHICKEN MARINADE: Lightly pound each chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. In a non-reactive dish (glass or porcelain), combine the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of the oil and 1 teaspoon of the garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste. Marinate, covered and refrigerated, for not more than 2 hours.
- FOR THE SAUCE: In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the onion and remaining teaspoon of garlic and cook stirring, over low heat, for 5 minutes or until the onion is tender. Add the cream and bring to a simmer, add the sage and parsley and remove from the heat; set aside.
- THE CHICKEN: Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry. Dip the chicken lightly in the seasoned flour on both sides. In a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cook the chicken for about 5 minutes per side or until completely cooked through. Remove the chicken to a plate and loosely cover with foil, keep warm. Add the white wine to the skillet and boil, stirring with a wooden spoon until there are only 2 tablespoons of liquid in the pan. Add the reserved cream mixture and bring to a boil, add the Gorgonzola and Parmesan cheeses and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- ASSEMBLY: Add the hot cooked pasta to the sauce and toss until well combined. Divide the pasta between 4 dishes and top each portion with chicken. Garnish the chicken with minced parsley and serve immediately.
Oh so good!! I love gorgonzola cheese so I knew I would love this. The only change I made was to use b/s chicken thighs. Wasn't sure how DH would like it since gorgonzola is a strong flavor, but he really enjoyed it as well. Going into my Best of cookbook. Made for Everyday Holiday.