Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love golden kiwifruits. Found this on the Zespri Gold Kiwifruit website.
- 4 golden kiwi fruits, peeled
- 1 lemon, finely grated rind of
- 2 medium lemons, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 100 ml light vegetable oil
- 500 g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in 3cm thick chunks
- 2 tablespoons miso
- 1 large red chile, finely sliced on an angle
- 200 ml cooking oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 150 g washed watercress
- Place the kiwifruit, lemon rind and juice, coriander and salad oil into a blender or food processor, add 1 teaspoon of salt and purée on medium speed until smooth. Pour through a fine sieve to remove the seeds if desired.
- Boil the sweet potatoes with a dash of salt, until tender. Mash with the miso and keep warm.
- While the potato is cooking, heat the cooking oil in a small saucepan, and deep-fry the sliced chilli until darkened and crisp. Remove from the oil and drain on kitchen paper. Heat an oven-proof frying pan and add 2 tablespoons of the chilli oil. When hot, gently place the breasts in, skin-side down, and cook over high heat, until the skin crisps and becomes golden. Turn the breasts over, and roast in the oven at 220°C until cooked, approximately 15 minutes. The chicken is cooked when clear juices run after inserting a fine knife into the thickest part of the breast.
- To serve, place a spoonful of the mash in the center of a plate, top with a bunch of watercress, then the chicken, sliced in 2-3 pieces. Spoon the ZESPRI™ GOLD Kiwifruit dressing over the top.