Recipe by Boyz 5
Chicken and Rice--comfort food at it finest.
Top Review by Charlotte J
This was perfect! Followed directions as written and the chicken (I used bone-in) was moist. The rice was, well let me tell you this, everyone fought over the last spoonful! I may need to double the rice mixture next time. Thank you for a great recipe.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk or 1 3⁄4 cups half-and-half
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces, with liquid
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash chicken breasts and pat dry; set aside.
- Combine soup with milk or half-and-half; reserve 1/2 cup mixture for later.
- Mix remaining soup mixture with rice, garlic powder and 1/2 of the dry onion soup mix (about 1/4 cup).
- Mix well and pour into a baking dish.
- Place chicken breasts on rice mixture.
- Combine reserved soup mixture with undrained mushrooms.
- Pour over chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle with remaining dry onion soup mix, thyme, and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake in a 350 degrees oven for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and continue baking for 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until chicken is tender and liquid is absorbed.