Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is one my mom makes quite a bit, recipe comes from my grandma. The rice is the best part!
Make and share this Chicken Breasts on Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Mix together soup and milk, reserve 1/2 cup.
- Stir together soup mixture, rice, 1/2 package onion soup mix, and mushroom pieces.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Lay chicken pieces on top.
- Pour 1/2 cup reserved soup mixture over chicken, and sprinkle remaining 1/2 package soup mix over all.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour. (NOTE: takes longer when using brown rice).
- Uncover and bake additional 15-30 minutes (Stir rice when uncovering.).
This used things I usually have on hand, was very easy and good. I will make it again.
I love making this! It's delicious, and yes, the rice is the best. True comfort food! Thanks for posting, Jswinks!
Oh my gosh! I lost this recipe when moving to our new location. I use in place of the mushroom soup, cheddar cheese soup. Also add the onion rings (French's) on top of the dish before I cover with foil. Either way it's a winner! Many thanks!