- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix, separated
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can milk
- 3⁄4 cup long grain rice
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces, undrained
- 4 chicken breasts or 4 -6 chicken thighs
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together soup and milk, reserve 1/2 cup.
- Stir together soup mixture, rice, 1/2 package onion soup mix, and mushroom pieces.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Lay chicken pieces on top.
- Pour 1/2 cup reserved soup mixture over chicken, and sprinkle remaining 1/2 package soup mix over all.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour. (NOTE: takes longer when using brown rice).
- Uncover and bake additional 15-30 minutes (Stir rice when uncovering.).