1/2 Photos of Chicken Breasts Lombardy
1 hr 15 mins
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
This recipe comes from one of our local cookbooks, Cajun Revelation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, skinned and quartered
- all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, melted and divided
- salt, black pepper and red pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded fontina or 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Flatten each chicken breast between sheets of waxed paper to 1/8 inch thickness.
- 2Dredge chicken lightly with flour.
- 3Place 4 pieces at a time in 2 Tbsp melted butter in large skillet.
- 4Cook over low heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 5Place chicken in a greased 9x13 baking dish overlapping edges.
- 6Sprinkle with salt, black pepper and red pepper to taste.
- 7Repeat procedure with remaining chicken.
- 8Add remaining butter to skillet used to saute chicken then add mushrooms, garlic and onion and saute until tender then remove from skillet.
- 9Sprinkle sauteed mushrooms, garlic and onion evenly over chicken.
- 10Stir wine and chicken stock into chicken drippings and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 11Add salt and peppers mixing well and spoon about a third of the sauce evenly over the chicken reserving remainder.
- 12Combine cheeses and sprinkle over chicken.
- 13Bake at 450 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
- 14Place under broiler 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 15Serve with reserved sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts Lombardy
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 737.5
- Calories from Fat 451
- Total Fat 50.2 g
- Saturated Fat 26.9 g
- Cholesterol 194.8 mg
- Sodium 808.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 37.8 g