Recipe by Queen Dragon Mom
Cheese, Chicken, and Mushrooms with Marsala.
Top Review by Luke Meakins
I give this recipe a good to high rating because it just tastes good and is realitivly easy to make. I used Cream Sherry as I didn't have any Marsala, and it turned out really good. Broiling the cheese is a really good idea, its adds just a little crunch that makes this dish supurb!
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted and divided
- 3⁄4 cup marsala
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook mushrooms in 2 tbsp butter in a large skillet, stirring constantly, just until tender.
- Remove from heat; set aside. Cut each chicken breast half in half lengthwise. Place each piece of chicken between two sheets of wax paper; flatten to 1/8" thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour.
- Place 5 or 6 pieces of chicken in 1 to 2 tbsp butter in a large skillet; cook over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Place chicken in a lightly greased 13x9" baking dish, overlapping edges.
- Repeat procedure with remaining chicken and butter.
- Reserve pan drippings in skillet. Sprinkle reserved mushrooms over chicken.
- Add wine and broth to skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Combine cheeses and green onions; sprinkle over chicken.
- Bake uncovered at 450 for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Broil 5 1/2" away from heat 1 to 2 minutes or until browned.