Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The sauce is the star of this dish and it tastes equally good over fish.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry vermouth
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped tarragon leaves
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut in small pieces
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Season chicken with salt & pepper. Sauté about 7 minutes per side until cooked through; remove and keep warm.
- Drain almost all fat from skillet.
- Add shallots and cook until softened.
- Add vermouth to pan, stirring up all bits.
- Add chicken broth, heat to boiling, lower to simmer, reduce to 1/2 cup.
- Add tarragon, and whisk in butter one bit at a time to thicken.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste. Serve over chicken.
Totally Awesome! Loved the sauce and the chicken was so tender. I did not have the shallot so I used a mixture of 1/4 c chopped onion and 1 tablespoon minced garlic, worked out great! Thanks so much for the recipe chia ; )
Fabulous sauce - simple and delicious recipe. It's perfect as is - no change necessary. Thanks for sharing this great recipe, Chia!