Recipe by chia
The sauce is the star of this dish and it tastes equally good over fish.
Top Review by RecipeNut
Totally Awesome! Loved the sauce and the chicken was so tender. I did not have the shallot so I used a mixture of 1/4 c chopped onion and 1 tablespoon minced garlic, worked out great! Thanks so much for the recipe chia ; )
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry vermouth
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped tarragon leaves
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut in small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Season chicken with salt & pepper. Sauté about 7 minutes per side until cooked through; remove and keep warm.
- Drain almost all fat from skillet.
- Add shallots and cook until softened.
- Add vermouth to pan, stirring up all bits.
- Add chicken broth, heat to boiling, lower to simmer, reduce to 1/2 cup.
- Add tarragon, and whisk in butter one bit at a time to thicken.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste. Serve over chicken.