Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The sauce is the star of this dish and it tastes equally good over fish.
Make and share this Chicken Breasts in Tarragon Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Season chicken with salt & pepper. Sauté about 7 minutes per side until cooked through; remove and keep warm.
- Drain almost all fat from skillet.
- Add shallots and cook until softened.
- Add vermouth to pan, stirring up all bits.
- Add chicken broth, heat to boiling, lower to simmer, reduce to 1/2 cup.
- Add tarragon, and whisk in butter one bit at a time to thicken.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste. Serve over chicken.
Totally Awesome! Loved the sauce and the chicken was so tender. I did not have the shallot so I used a mixture of 1/4 c chopped onion and 1 tablespoon minced garlic, worked out great! Thanks so much for the recipe chia ; )
Fabulous sauce - simple and delicious recipe. It's perfect as is - no change necessary. Thanks for sharing this great recipe, Chia!