1/1 Photo of Chicken Breasts in Sun-Dried Tomato Cream
Khandi Howard's Note:
This is great. Easy enough to prepare after work, yet elegant enough for company and with flavor to spare. This is a recipe that came from a member of my daughters online playgroup. (Thanks Alice) It is very simple and delicious, but impressive. Your guests will think that you are indeed a "chef". I like to double the sauce recipe and serve this with pasta. Also a quick note: for a variation that tastes just like Johnny Carino's Chicken Scaloppini, make sure to double the sauce recipe and add diced bacon and chopped Roma tomatoes and serve over angel hair pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, pushed through a press (or 1/4 tsp. garlic powder)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, slivers, plus
- 1 tablespoon oil (see note)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms, sauteed in butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, flattened slightly
- 1Heat sun-dried tomato oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Sauté chicken in oil 8 minutes, turning once, until browned and cooked though.
- 3Transfer to a plate.
- 4To skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- 5Add mushrooms and saute until they are lightly browned and have released most of their liquid.
- 6Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- 7Stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
- 8Stir in broth, cream, tomatoes, thyme, salt, pepper flakes and mushrooms.
- 9Bring to boil and cook 1 minute.
- 10Add chicken just to heat through.
- 11Note: Two TBSP of sun-dried tomato slivers is equal to about 4 sun-dried tomato halves.
- 12Buy sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil.
- 13They come pre-seasoned.
- 14They cut into slivers easily with a kitchen scissors.
- 15I also like to flatten chicken breasts with a mallet or rolling pin to help cook more evenly.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts in Sun-Dried Tomato Cream
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.6
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 123.9 mg
- Sodium 471.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 28.9 g