1/2 Photos of Chicken Breasts in Spicy Apricot and Plum Sauce
1 hr 5 mins
Chef Dudo's Note:
Saw this on TV and could almost smell it. Had to try it myself. Tweaked it just a little bit (cut down on the fat).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb plum, stoned and finely chopped
- 4 ounces apricots, stoned and finely chopped (you can use dried apricots)
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 red chilies, deseeded and very finely chopped
- 2 cooking apples, peeled,cored and grated
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup water
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Cook plums, apricots, ginger, chillies, apples, balsamic vinegar and water together in a heavy based pan for about 20 minutes to make a sauce.
- 2In another pan, brown the chicken breast in the oil.
- 3Add the sauce and cook together gently for about 15 minutes.
- 4Season well with salt and pepper.
- 5Serve over rice or cous-cous.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts in Spicy Apricot and Plum Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (459 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.2
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 151.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 30.9 g
- Protein 27.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: