Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Wow is this ever good! I had some friends over for dinner and they loved it so much they wanted the recipe.
- 4 whole chicken breasts, halved
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 0.5 (10 7/8 ounce) can sherry wine (use soup can)
- 1 cup sour cream
- Arrange chicken in a shallow baking dish so that pieces do not overlap. Cover with mushrooms.
- Combine undiluted soup, sherry and sour cream, blending well. Pour over chicken, completely covering it.
- Dust with paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Serves 4.
Very yum. Sauteed a small onion and mushrooms in a bit of oil first. A little parsley for color. Company-grade. Thanx chris_tam!
This was really easy and very good. I sauteed some mushrooms and used chardonnay rather than the sherry. Thanks chris_tam for a simple and tasty keeper. Made for I Recommend Tag.
YUM! This was great, followed the base exactly, except added some fresh sauteed' broccoli (using the stems and crown - not the whole crown) and also sauteed the mushrooms, (also fresh) browned the chicken breasts, and put her right into the oven. YUM-Goodness right on a plate!! Will do this quite often!