We love this and the sauce is to die for...serve with rice or noodles.
Make and share this Chicken Breasts in Sour Cream-Almond Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons almonds, shredded
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, minced
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- Saute the chicken on both sides in butter, remove from the skillet. Add the onion and garlic, cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomato paste and flour to the skillet, stir until blended and smooth. Gradually add the chicken stock and sherry, cook and stir until smooth and slightly thickened. Return the chicken to the skillet. Add the almonds, dill, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes on until tender. Arrange the chicken in a shallow baking dish. Stir the sour cream into the sauce and pour over the chicken. Sprinkle with grated cheese and brown under broiler.