Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Easy and elegant, plus delicious.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 fluid ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup dry sherry
- ground black pepper
- Put chicken breasts and mushrooms in a casserole dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients and spoon over chicken.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with rice.
Wonderful!! These have the most fantastic flavor. I sauted the mushrooms in a little butter before adding them to the casserole dish. And we had buttered dill noodles with this. Very good!! Thanks suzyq! This went into my "make often" file!
These were really good, and the chicken stayed really tender and juicy. The sherry was a bit to prominent, so next time I think I'll just add 1/2 c., but I will definately make these again - very easy to do!! Thank you.
Very nice. The sour cream kept the chicken very tender. I omitted the Accent seasoning. I added two cans of green beans to make a complete meal in one dish.