Recipe by Ninna
Easy way to do chicken breasts in pastry. Use refrigerated rather than freezer phyllo pastry, it is easier to work with.
Top Review by Cook4_6
Very simple and easy recipe. Next time I would brush olive oil on each sheet before wrapping around chicken. I would also add another layer of phyllo pastry because it is sooooo yummy! I also wrapped bite size pieces of goat cheese in 3 layers of phyllo and cooked it for 12 minutes with the chicken. I served it on top of baby greens with balsamic dressing and baked asparagus. Yummy dinner -- thanks!
- 2 chicken breasts (or thighs)
- salt & pepper
- 4 sheets phyllo pastry
- 1 cup pesto sauce (or sun-dried tomato pesto)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Poach chicken breasts or lightly pan fry until only half cooked with seasonings of choice.
- Spread chicken with pesto and wrap each breast in two sheets of phyllo sprayed between with olive oil spray.
- Brush with beaten egg or yolk and bake in hot oven 200°C (400°F) for 15-20 minutes.