Prep 8 hrs
Cook 1 hr
Fancy. Preparation time includes time to marinate.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh minced basil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into slices
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into slices
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh minced basil
- 12 ounces spinach fettuccine, cooked and drained
- In shallow dish, mix marinade ingredients.
- Add chicken turn to coat chicken completely.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons unsalted butter and saute peppers for 2 minutes.
- Remove peppers.
- Simmer wine and chicken broth.
- Increase heat to high and keep over heat until sauce is reduced to 2 tablespoons- about 5 minutes.
- Add cream and cook until sauce is reduced- about 4 minutes.
- In another skillet, saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons unsalted butter over medium-high heat until brown.
- Add peppers, cream sauce, and salt.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade.
- Grill chicken turning once (chicken can be cooked on stove top either).
- Cut chicken into 1/4 inch strips.
- Stir Parmesan and 3/4 cups basil into peppers.
- On heat serving platter, arrange fettucini noodles, top with chicken, and pour sauce over all.
- Serve immediately.
This is the same recipe I use. I got it out of our local newspaper many, many years ago. My recipe only calls for 1 lb. of chicken. I make my own fresh pasta and it is a delicious meal. Please try this one, you won't be disappointed. Update. I hadn't made this in a while and forgot how good it is. Will make again soon. I used 1/2 and 1/2 instead of cream trying to reduce the fat. Still was great.
Loved it! I actually just cooked the peppers and mushrooms in the same pan (just added the mushrooms a bit after the peppers) and it worked just fine. Wish I knew of some way to substitute the cream to make it less fattening, but all those extra calories were worth it; this is one tasty recipe!
This is a recipe I've used many times with tremendous success. I can't tell you how WONDERFUL and RESTAURANT-QUALITY this is. I omit the mushrooms, not b/c I don't like them but because they are overpowered here. Also, this eliminates the need for an extra pan. This recipe is so much easier than it looks. In fact, the sauce can easily be prepared a day ahead, refrigerated, then warmed up. I substituted 1/4 cup fresh basil for 1 tsp dry basil. I also crushed about 5 cloves of garlic b/c I really loooove garlic. Make sure the white wine is a dry-ish one. If I could give something a rating higher than 5 stars this would be it.