Recipe by Bec
From "Cooking a la Heart"- Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes from the Mankato Heart Health Program, 1988.
Top Review by ctiffin
The mushrooms, wine and lemon juice do not make a sauce! You will have to saute the mushrooms and then add some broth or milk along with the wine and lemon. Otherwise, it is just chicken with mushroom topping
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (2 whole breasts, split)
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 cup fine whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons diced green onions
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon whole thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten chicken breasts.
- Dip in milk, then in bread crumbs, coating well.
- Roll up and arrange, seam down, in non-stick sprayed baking pan.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, simmer the mushrooms and onions in wine and lemon juice.
- Add thyme and marjoram.
- Uncover chicken and spoon mushroom mixture over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes longer, or until chicken is tender and brown.