Recipe by Just Cher
My family loves chicken, and this is a quick & tasty way to spruce up the everyday bird. We love this over all types of pasta.
Top Review by Dreamgoddess
This recipe was delicious with a subtle hint of lemon. I made the recipe exactly as written and served it over egg noodles with a salad and garlic bread. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- all-purpose flour (to dredge)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 3 tbs butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and saute until tender.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt& pepper, dredge in flour, shaking off excess.
- Melt remaining 3 tbs butter in skillet.
- Add chicken and saute 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter (keep warm).
- Add broth to skillet, scraping up browned bits.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until reduced to approximately 3/4 cup.
- Stir in cream and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium heat until slightly thickened.
- Stir in mushrooms, white pepper& salt to taste.
- Add chicken and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until sauce is a medium thick consistency.
- Serve over rice or noodles.