Recipe by mbwolf
I found this recipe in an old Better Homes and Gardens cookbook and altered it a bit. I don't know why but it goes wonderfully with peas and baked potato. Just drizzle a bit of sauce on the peas and potatoes, YUM!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard (Dijon is great)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (1 if fresh chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a deep skillet, brown chicken breasts lightly in oil.
- When browned, remove breasts and drain skillet.
- Reserve breasts, keeping warm.
- On medium high heat, cook onion in apple juice.
- Once onion begins to soften, reduce heat to medium and add whipping cream, stirring frequently.
- Add honey mustard and stir until blended.
- Add parsley and chicken breasts.
- Cook chicken breasts another 6 minutes per side or until cooked through, basting chicken with sauce every minute or so to keep skin moist.
- Serve and enjoy.