1/1 Photo of Chicken Breasts in Green Salsa
Chicken beasts bathed in a fragrant sauce make a delicate dish, perfect for dinner parties. Serve with rice to complete the meal. This is out of my Mexican Recipes cookbook...Yep...that's the name of the book...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- salt and pepper
- all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter (or a combination of butter and oil)
- 16 ounces salsa, green, mild (or hot)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 -2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 -5 tablespoons cilantro, chopped, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 green chili pepper, fresh, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup sour cream
- lettuce, shredded
- 3 -5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper to taste, then dredge with flour.
- 2Shake off the excess.
- 3Melt the butter (or butter, oil) in a skillet, then add the chicken and cook over medium-high heat, turning once, until golden but not cooked through-the chicken will continue to cook in the sauce.
- 4Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- 5Place the salsa, broth, garlic, cilantro, chili, and cumin in a pan and bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce the heat to a low simmer.
- 7Add the chicken to the sauce, spooning the sauce over the chicken.
- 8Cook for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- 9Remove the chicken and sauce from the pan and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 10Serve with sour cream, lettuce, scallion, and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts in Green Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.3
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 45.1 mg
- Sodium 966.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets