A friend gave me the cherished green peppercorns & this recipe. It's simple & scrumptious. Elegant enough for company, yet doesn't involve dozens of ingredients or hours of prep.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown the chicken breasts in a frying pan, just to add color.
- 2Place the chicken breasts in an oiled roasting pan, sprinkle with salt & pepper, & bake at 350 for approximately 20 minutes.
- 4Crush the peppercorns with a mortar & pestle or between 2 spoons.
- 5In a medium saucepan, add chicken broth, chablis, and peppercorns.
- 6In a small prep bowl, combine a couple tablespoons of the broth/chablis with the cornstarch & then incorporate back into the saucepan.
- 7On low heat, stir until slightly thickened.
- 8Add cream & stir.
- 9Remove chicken from oven (any juices from the chicken can be added to the sauce).
- 10Place chicken on plates & spoon sauce over each breast.
- 11Prep time includes the time to make the sauce while the chicken is cooking.
- 12The green peppercorns can be found in specialty shops or online.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts in Green Peppercorn Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 545.6
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 175.3 mg
- Sodium 738.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 35.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green peppercorns in brine