Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A friend gave me the cherished green peppercorns & this recipe. It's simple & scrumptious. Elegant enough for company, yet doesn't involve dozens of ingredients or hours of prep.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (14 ounce) can Swanson chicken broth (or other brand)
- 1 cup chablis
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons green peppercorns in brine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Brown the chicken breasts in a frying pan, just to add color.
- Place the chicken breasts in an oiled roasting pan, sprinkle with salt & pepper, & bake at 350 for approximately 20 minutes.
- Crush the peppercorns with a mortar & pestle or between 2 spoons.
- In a medium saucepan, add chicken broth, chablis, and peppercorns.
- In a small prep bowl, combine a couple tablespoons of the broth/chablis with the cornstarch & then incorporate back into the saucepan.
- On low heat, stir until slightly thickened.
- Add cream & stir.
- Remove chicken from oven (any juices from the chicken can be added to the sauce).
- Place chicken on plates & spoon sauce over each breast.
- Prep time includes the time to make the sauce while the chicken is cooking.
- The green peppercorns can be found in specialty shops or online.