Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another great recipe given to me by my friend John from his caribbean cookbook. This is a simple chicken to make and is very moist and tender. Enjoy ;)
- 6 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 dash Frank's red hot sauce
- Beat the chicken meat with a mallet to tenderise. Barbecue the chicken until tender.
- To make lime juice sauce: Combine the brown sugar, lime juice, rum, ginger, garlic and Hot Sauce in a saucepan, heating without boiling until sugar fully dissolves, then bring sauce to a boil;.
- serve on top of chicken.
The sauce is delicious! The brown sugar, lime and ginger provides nice flavor to grilled chicken. Made exactly as written. Served with sweet potato fries for a Caribbean themed dinner. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
This sauce for grilled chicken is delightful. You can really taste all the components of the sauce. I really loved the sweet, tangy and spicy flavors. I didn't have Frank's red hot sauce so I used Sriracha hot chili sauce. I halved the recipe, but used the full amount of hot sauce. It gave the sauce a nice kick without being too spicy. I will be making this recipe often. Thanks, again, V! :) Made for PAC Fall, 2009.
Deliciously sweet! I used this sauce over a chicken stirfry with broccoli, green peppers, mushrooms and onions, served with some rice. I also substituted the hot sauce for some chopped hot bell pepper. I'll definately make this again!