Top Review by Rita~
Chicken oven poached in creamy goodness resulting in tender breasts. I seasoned the breast with pepper and garlic powder then placed them in the oven with all the ingredients. Covered the casserole dish with foil. They were done in 45 minutes. I removed chicken then thickened liquid without removing the onion bits which was yummy! The chicken was very tender. Thanks!
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chicken breast.
- Place breasts in oven dish.
- Mix together the onion, garlic, cream, broth, salt, white pepper and worcestershire and mix well.
- Pour over the chicken and bake 2 hours at 300 degrees.
- After baking, remove breasts; strain juices into saucepan.
- Add 2 tablespoons flour and 1/2 cup water.
- Mix with whisk until thickened.
- Add milk if too thick.
- Pour sauce over breasts and garnish with parsley.