Recipe by cookiedog
This would make a nice romantic dinner and is definately suitable for company. Recipe from San Francisco's Celebrity Chefs.
Top Review by Chef Wannabe 007
This was so delicious. Served with Saffron rice & green beans. I was so anxious to get it in my mouth that I forgot to take pictures but it was beautiful. I also did not add the cornstarch.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4-3⁄8 cup champagne
- 1 -2 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 1/4 cup flour, 1 teaspoons salt, 1/2 tsp pepper; roll chicken in it.
- Heat 1/2 cup butter in large skillet. Lightly brown chicken breasts.
- Add sliced mushrooms. Cover and cook 10 minutes. Transfer chicken and mushrooms to a bowl/plate then clean pan of all butter.
- Return chicken and mushrooms to pan and add cream and simmer over low heat 10 minutes.
- Transfer breasts to warm serving dish.
- SAUCE: Add to liquid in skillet- 1/4 cup champagne. Bring to rapid boil and cook until sauce is reduced to a creamy consistency.
- If you want sauce to thicken, add 1-2 tablespooons cornstarch that has been mixed with a little of the sauce.
- Serve on heated plates.