Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an adaptation of Chicken Breasts in Caper Cream Sauce (actually adapted from the original version posted at allrecipes.com).
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup light cream or 1⁄2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Pound chicken breasts between layers of heavy plastic wrap until even thickness, about 1/2" thick.
- Stir salt and pepper into flour. Dip both sides of chicken into flour, shaking off excess. (Discard any remaining flour.).
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When foaming subsides, reduce to medium and add chicken. Cook until browned on both sides, 4-6 minutes per side. Transfer to plate and cover loosely with foil.
- Add garlic to butter and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add wine and scrape up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Simmer 3-4 minutes. Add dill, lemon zest, lemon juice, cream and capers. Simmer until slightly thickened. Adjust salt and pepper in sauce if needed. Spoon over chicken and serve with rice or couscous.