Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an adaptation of Chicken Breasts in Caper Cream Sauce (actually adapted from the original version posted at allrecipes.com).
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup light cream or 1⁄2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Pound chicken breasts between layers of heavy plastic wrap until even thickness, about 1/2" thick.
- Stir salt and pepper into flour. Dip both sides of chicken into flour, shaking off excess. (Discard any remaining flour.).
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When foaming subsides, reduce to medium and add chicken. Cook until browned on both sides, 4-6 minutes per side. Transfer to plate and cover loosely with foil.
- Add garlic to butter and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add wine and scrape up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Simmer 3-4 minutes. Add dill, lemon zest, lemon juice, cream and capers. Simmer until slightly thickened. Adjust salt and pepper in sauce if needed. Spoon over chicken and serve with rice or couscous.