Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is so tasty and pretty, you won't believe how easy it is! This recipe requires you to ignite the brandy, so use caution if you don't have experience in this. You don't want to catch the house on fire!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, washed and dried
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb button mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 250°F Place chicken on a plate and press black pepper into them.
- In a heavy skillet, heat butter and olive oil. Cook chicen on medium heat until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken and place in an ovenproof dish, then place this in the oven. Leave the pepper and juices in the skillet.
- Add onion and garlic to the skillet and brown over medium high heat, adding more oil if needed. Try not to brown the garlic too much.
- Add the mushrooms and saute until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove skillet from heat and add brandy. Ignite the brandy and saute for 1 minute.
- Add cream and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Take the chicken out of the oven, return it to the skillet, and heat for 2 minutes on medium-low heat, letting the chicken absorb some of the sauce.
- Serve with the sauce.
Tasty! I've been on a brandy kick lately and this was the perfect dinner. This was so much fun to cook and very entertaining to prepare - I really enjoyed igniting the brandy. Definitely a keeper.
I substituted the chicken for shrimp and scallops. Excellent recipe! A keeper!
I have a similar recipe from a book called 30 minute meals and it is truly divine! Thanks for posting this because I can now use my Zaar cookbook instead :)