This recipe is so tasty and pretty, you won't believe how easy it is! This recipe requires you to ignite the brandy, so use caution if you don't have experience in this. You don't want to catch the house on fire!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, washed and dried
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb button mushroom, sliced
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 250°F Place chicken on a plate and press black pepper into them.
- 2In a heavy skillet, heat butter and olive oil. Cook chicen on medium heat until lightly browned.
- 3Remove chicken and place in an ovenproof dish, then place this in the oven. Leave the pepper and juices in the skillet.
- 4Add onion and garlic to the skillet and brown over medium high heat, adding more oil if needed. Try not to brown the garlic too much.
- 5Add the mushrooms and saute until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- 6Remove skillet from heat and add brandy. Ignite the brandy and saute for 1 minute.
- 7Add cream and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Take the chicken out of the oven, return it to the skillet, and heat for 2 minutes on medium-low heat, letting the chicken absorb some of the sauce.
- 9Serve with the sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts in Brandy Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.3
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 131.5 mg
- Sodium 206.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 29.6 g