Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made with my Hot Pepper Jam for Bread Machine . Hope you like as much as we do.
Make and share this Chicken Breasts Glazed With Hot Pepper Jelly recipe from Food.com.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine the pepper jelly, mustard, oregano, garlic, and lemon juice; set aside.
- POUND chicken breasts to even thickness, season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over moderately high heat.
- When the foam subsides, add the chicken breasts and cook, turning once, until browned, about 4 minutes per side.
- Push chicken to one side, loosen the browned bits on the bottom; add onion and chicken broth, cook until onion is tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add the pepper jelly mixture to the pan and coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Cook until the sauce is reduced and if you get impatient, try adding some dry Italian bread crumbs to thicken it up.
- Taste test and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Transfer the chicken to plates and spoon onion sauce on top.
This was so yummy! I doubled the recipe of the sauce except used 1 tsp oregano but used only 3 chicken breasts. Put on top of brown rice and served with a garden salad. Thanks for sharing!
This was a lovely dish! I made a big batch of pepper jelly last year and was looking for recipes other then over cream cheese when I came across this one. The chicken was tender, the glaze was absolutely divine! I served it with parmesan polenta, sauteed mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. This is a keeper! Thank you, WiGal for helping me use up my pepper jelly!.
Delicious!! I loved the sauce and onions. Perfect directions and such a wonderful outcome. I absolutely loved the hot pepper jelly with the chicken. I might omit the oregano next time, as a personal preference. Thank you for a fabulous recipe!