Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Delicious with an herb bread and Caesar salad. Yummy.
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles (4 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed to drain
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- additional ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 375. Spray rectangular pan, 11x7x1-1/2 inches, with cooking spray. Cook and drain noodles as directed on package.
- While noodles are cooking, melt butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in milk and broth. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat.
- Mix spinach, noodles, half of the sauce, 1/4 cup of the cheese and 1/4 teaspoons nutmeg. Spoon mixture into pan. Place chicken on spinach mixture. Pour remaining sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and additional nutmeg.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake about 15 minutes longer or until light brown on top and juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.