Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
So I got a rice cooker. So of course I went in search of recipes for it...This was one that I found that looked really good. I've changed it slightly to a full meal in one. My cooked takes 90 mins for brown rice... if yours takes a different time adjust accordingly.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 2 cups brown rice (use rice cup with cooker)
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 lb broccoli
- Place rice and water in bottom of cooker. Press start. Let cook for about 50 mins before next step.
- Place chicken on pc of foil big enough to make a packet and sprayed with cooking spray. Mix mustard and yogurt, seasoning, salt and chives. Make packet.
- Cut broccoli in pcs and place in a seperate packet.
- When rice has cooked for 1 hour. Carefully open the lid and place steamer tray inside. Put chicken packet in steamer tray. Close lid for 10 minutes.
- Then open lid again and place broccoli inside. Close lid and allow to cook till cooker switches to keep warm.
- Open chicken packet to check doneness. Enjoy -- .