Recipe by Cookin'withGas
Done completely in the microwave, this dish is perfect for the dog days of summer, when you cannot bear the thought of slaving over a hot stove top...Tantalizingly tasty, serve it with a nice tossed salad and a baked potato!
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh scallions or 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 limes or 1⁄2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons brandy (optional)
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken breast between 2 pieces of wax paper and flatten slightly with meat mallet.
- season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a glass or ceramic baking dish, melt the butter and mix with the oil.
- Place the chicken in the dish, turning to coat with butter/oil mixture on all sides.
- Microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes (adjust the time if needed per the wattage of your microwave).
- Let rest 1 min; then turn chicken over; microwave on HIGH another 3 min or until done, but NOT overcooked; set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, prepare 'sauce' by mixing together the scallions (or chives), lime juice (or lemon), brandy, Dijon mustard and parsley.
- Microwave the 'sauce on HIGH for 1 min; then add to it, the 'juices' from the cooked chicken and the chicken broth; stir until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve immediately with your accompaniments, such as a baked potato and steamed veggies.