Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very elegant and delicious.
Make and share this Chicken Breasts Diane recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- hot cooked rice
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4 inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove chicken, and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add onions and next 4 ingredients to skillet; cook, whisking constantly, until bubbly.
- Stir in parsley.
- Pour over chicken; serve with rice.
This is a week night meal in terms of quick to the table only. The flavor suggests something much more time consuming and gourmet. The chicken is tender and beautifully colored. The sauce is colorful and delicious. It is light and yet very satisfying. I served it with baked sweet potatoes. It will be on our frequent rotation.
Nurse Di, When I make this, you will be the Diane I think of. Growing up, I thought Steak Diane was named after a family friend who was a fabulous cook. I love your other recipes, so yours was the version I chose for chicken Diane. I'll leave a rating after actually making it!