Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Very elegant and delicious.
Top Review by Michelle S.
This is a week night meal in terms of quick to the table only. The flavor suggests something much more time consuming and gourmet. The chicken is tender and beautifully colored. The sauce is colorful and delicious. It is light and yet very satisfying. I served it with baked sweet potatoes. It will be on our frequent rotation.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4 inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove chicken, and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add onions and next 4 ingredients to skillet; cook, whisking constantly, until bubbly.
- Stir in parsley.
- Pour over chicken; serve with rice.