I have been making this for over 10 years and is the most requested recipe I have! This is everyone's favorite chicken dish I make! It's a nice change from "ordinary" chicken! Goes well with steamed broccoli. (Note: This is a "Diane" recipe, therefore has a mustard taste to it!!)
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- Place chicken breast halves between wax paper and pound slightly with mallet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 Tbsp each oil and butter in large skillet.
- Cook chicken over high heat 4 minutes each side.
- Do not cook longer or they will be dry.
- Transfer to a warm serving platter.
- Add chives, lime, brandy, parsley, and mustard to pan, whisking constantly for 15 seconds.
- Whisk in broth.
- Stir until sauce is smooth.
- Whisk in remaining butter and oil.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve immediately.