Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 mins
I have been making this for over 10 years and is the most requested recipe I have! This is everyone's favorite chicken dish I make! It's a nice change from "ordinary" chicken! Goes well with steamed broccoli. (Note: This is a "Diane" recipe, therefore has a mustard taste to it!!)
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- Place chicken breast halves between wax paper and pound slightly with mallet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 Tbsp each oil and butter in large skillet.
- Cook chicken over high heat 4 minutes each side.
- Do not cook longer or they will be dry.
- Transfer to a warm serving platter.
- Add chives, lime, brandy, parsley, and mustard to pan, whisking constantly for 15 seconds.
- Whisk in broth.
- Stir until sauce is smooth.
- Whisk in remaining butter and oil.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve immediately.
This was soooo good! I used apple juice with a drop of vanilla instead of the brandy, but kept to the ingredients. We had it with broccoli and rice, I'll try it with mashed potatoes next time. Thanks for posting Wendy.
This was fantastic-restaurant quality! It was a really nice blend of flavours that I want to eat again TOMORROW! The only alteration I made was to halve the oil and butter in step 3, and omit the oil in step 10. I used garlic chives as we have them growing in the garden.
This is a delicious (and quick!) way to make chicken! I had to sub a little, didn't have chives so I used sliced green onion tops, didn't have a lime, so I splashed in about 1/2 tsp. of lemon juice. It turned out great! Thanks for posting! :o)