Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my best recipes that dinner guests rave about. A dear friend of ours, who recently passed away, had a severe loss of appetite near the end. We had them over for dinner, and he not only cleaned his plate, but he asked for seconds!
- 4 whole chicken breasts (boneless & skinless)
- 2⁄3 cup cream cheese (softened)
- 1⁄2 lb imitation crabmeat (torn up)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets savory herb with garlic soup mix
- Soften cream cheese& 2 tablespoons of butter!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, crabmeat& 1/2 envelope of the soup mix.
- Mix well& set aside.
- With a knife parallel to the cutting board, slice horizontally through each breast, stopping 1” from opposite edge.
- Open breasts, place waxed paper over the breasts& with a meat mallet pound them as thin as possible.
- Evenly spread each breast with the cream cheese& crabmeat mixture.
- Roll up or close each breast, securing open edge with wooden toothpicks.
- Set out 3 shallow bowls, 1 containing flour, 1 containing 2 beaten eggs,& the other containing the other 1/2 of the soup mix with the crushed corn flakes.
- Dip chicken into flour, then into egg,& then into the crushed corn flakes, coating well.
- In a large skillet, heat oil& 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat& cook chicken 10 minutes, turning once, or until golden brown on all sides.
- Transfer chicken to a greased or sprayed baking dish& bake, uncovered, 20 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- Remove toothpicks& serve.
This was very good (and very rich)! I cut recipe in half, and used panko instead of cornflakes, and light cream cheese. I liked the idea of adding some of the soup mix to the coating. Made a yummy coating. Only other change was that I only browned in pan for about 5-6 minutes before putting in oven. Served with wild rice and asparagus and it made a great meal. Thanks for the recipe! Will definitely make again!