Recipe by Alan Leonetti
This is one of my best recipes that dinner guests rave about. A dear friend of ours, who recently passed away, had a severe loss of appetite near the end. We had them over for dinner, and he not only cleaned his plate, but he asked for seconds!
Top Review by Izzblizz
This was very good (and very rich)! I cut recipe in half, and used panko instead of cornflakes, and light cream cheese. I liked the idea of adding some of the soup mix to the coating. Made a yummy coating. Only other change was that I only browned in pan for about 5-6 minutes before putting in oven. Served with wild rice and asparagus and it made a great meal. Thanks for the recipe! Will definitely make again!
- 4 whole chicken breasts (boneless & skinless)
- 2⁄3 cup cream cheese (softened)
- 1⁄2 lb imitation crabmeat (torn up)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets savory herb with garlic soup mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften cream cheese& 2 tablespoons of butter!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, crabmeat& 1/2 envelope of the soup mix.
- Mix well& set aside.
- With a knife parallel to the cutting board, slice horizontally through each breast, stopping 1” from opposite edge.
- Open breasts, place waxed paper over the breasts& with a meat mallet pound them as thin as possible.
- Evenly spread each breast with the cream cheese& crabmeat mixture.
- Roll up or close each breast, securing open edge with wooden toothpicks.
- Set out 3 shallow bowls, 1 containing flour, 1 containing 2 beaten eggs,& the other containing the other 1/2 of the soup mix with the crushed corn flakes.
- Dip chicken into flour, then into egg,& then into the crushed corn flakes, coating well.
- In a large skillet, heat oil& 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat& cook chicken 10 minutes, turning once, or until golden brown on all sides.
- Transfer chicken to a greased or sprayed baking dish& bake, uncovered, 20 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- Remove toothpicks& serve.