1/5 Photos of Chicken Breasts Calvados (Crock Pot)
6 hrs 10 mins
Easily adapted for whatever you have on hand. I often substitute thighs for the breasts, regular brandy or apple juice for the apple brandy, and if you can't find Havarti Cheese, Gouda or Colby work well. If you have a newer model slow cooker, this will cook in 4-5 hours, as opposed to 6-7.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread apples in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- 2Arrange chicken, overlapping pieces slightly, on top of apples.
- 3Sprinkle with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- 4Pour in brandy.
- 5Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- 6Using a slotted spoon, lift chicken and apples to a small baking dish.
- 7Pour cooking liquid into a small pan and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring often until liquid reduces (8 minutes).
- 8Pour liquid over chicken.
- 9Cover each chicken piece with a slice of cheese and broil in oven until cheese is bubbly (2 minutes).
- 10Sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts Calvados (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.5
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 97.3 mg
- Sodium 290.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 34.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: