1/3 Photos of Chicken Breasts and Tarragon En Papillote (France)
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipes comes from the 2005 cookbook, The French Diet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut each tomato into 4 thick slices, then salt both sices & lay them out in a single layer to drain on paper towels.
- 2Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 3Cut one of the chicken breasts into 6 pieces & lay them in the center of a 12-inch square of heavy aluminum foil.
- 4Season the chicken with salt, pepper & cayenne, to taste, then top the chicken with 2 slices of tomato & 1/4 of the tarragon leaves.
- 5Drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil over the tomatoes as well as a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- 6Season the tomatoes with additional salt & pepper, to taste.
- 7Bring 2 opposite edges of the foil together over the top & fold them down over the chicken, then fold the sides up & over the chicken to create a packet.
- 8Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts, then put the 4 packets on a baking sheet & bake for 15 minutes.
- 9When chicken is done, open the packets & drain the liquid into a small bowl.
- 10Add the mustard to the liquid, mixing well.
- 11Serve the chicken in the packet on a plate, & drizzle the sauce over the top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts and Tarragon En Papillote (France)
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.4
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 300.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 25.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh tarragon leaves