Chicken Breasts and Broccoli With Madeira Sauce
- Blanch broccoli spears in boiling water (or the microwave) for a few minutes; drain.
- Sprinkle each side of chicken breasts with lemon juice and pepper. Coat each chicken breast with flour.
- In large skillet, melt butter. Add chicken; saute 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until chicken is tender. Set aside.
- Using large saucepan to prevent boiling over, combine chicken broth and wine; bring to a rolling boil. Boil over medium heat about 6 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 2/3 cup.
- Add cream, salt and pepper; continue to boil until liquid is reduced to 1 3/4 cups; about 8-10 minutes. Stir in lemon juice.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In 12x8 inch (2 quart) baking dish, arrange broccoli spears. Place chicken breasts over broccoli, overlapping if necessary. Pour sauce over chicken and broccoli; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.