1/2 Photos of Chicken Breasts Alla Margherita
Another quick , easy and tasty chicken recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brandy (optional)
- 2 ounces prosciutto ham, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces italian Fontina cheese, thinly sliced
- 1Cut each whole breast in half lengthwise.
- 2Combine flour, salt and pepper; dredge chicken in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- 3Heat 1½ teaspoons each butter and oil over medium heat in a large frying pan.
- 4When hot, place half of chicken in pan and sauté 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 5Transfer to a shallow, 2-quart glass baking dish.
- 6Repeat with remaining butter, oil and chicken.
- 7Remove from pan.
- 8Pour wine, broth and brandy into hot pan.
- 9Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 10Top each piece of chicken with slices of prosciutto and fontina.
- 11Pour the wine sauce over the top.
- 12Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350-degree oven for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the cheese has melted.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts Alla Margherita
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.5
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 102.5 mg
- Sodium 756.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 30.8 g