Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another quick , easy and tasty chicken recipe
Make and share this Chicken Breasts Alla Margherita recipe from Food.com.
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brandy (optional)
- 2 ounces prosciutto ham, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces italian Fontina cheese, thinly sliced
- Cut each whole breast in half lengthwise.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper; dredge chicken in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- Heat 1½ teaspoons each butter and oil over medium heat in a large frying pan.
- When hot, place half of chicken in pan and sauté 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Transfer to a shallow, 2-quart glass baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining butter, oil and chicken.
- Remove from pan.
- Pour wine, broth and brandy into hot pan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Top each piece of chicken with slices of prosciutto and fontina.
- Pour the wine sauce over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350-degree oven for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the cheese has melted.
MMMM...I will double the sauce next time; it seemed to have absorbed into the chicken, vanished from the dish. I used some deli ham for the prosciutto to cut the sodium. Made for Pets' Cook-a-Thon in Cooking Photos.
This was absolutely worth using up the last drop of my brandy for! I served it with your Fontina and Roasted Yellow Pepper Salad #66982. So good and so very beautiful on the plate together. My parents asked me if I was subscribing to Gourmet magazine... too funny. Only those of us who have made Mean Chef's recipes know he's better than a magazine. Another winning taste from his kitchen!
This IS quick, easy and tasty. I halved it as far as the chicken is concerned but did the full amount of sauce and am glad I did because the sauce is very tasty. I may double the sauce next time. I served this with spinach tortellini and a green salad. The sauce was great on the pasta. Thanks Mean Chef :)