Recipe by Pets'R'us
Another quick , easy and tasty chicken recipe
Top Review by Caroline Cooks
MMMM...I will double the sauce next time; it seemed to have absorbed into the chicken, vanished from the dish. I used some deli ham for the prosciutto to cut the sodium. Made for Pets' Cook-a-Thon in Cooking Photos.
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brandy (optional)
- 2 ounces prosciutto ham, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces italian Fontina cheese, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each whole breast in half lengthwise.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper; dredge chicken in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- Heat 1½ teaspoons each butter and oil over medium heat in a large frying pan.
- When hot, place half of chicken in pan and sauté 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Transfer to a shallow, 2-quart glass baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining butter, oil and chicken.
- Remove from pan.
- Pour wine, broth and brandy into hot pan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Top each piece of chicken with slices of prosciutto and fontina.
- Pour the wine sauce over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350-degree oven for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the cheese has melted.