Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chicken breasts wrapped with bacon in a mushroom wine sauce.
- 2 chicken breasts
- white pepper
- 4 slices thick slab bacon, sliced
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Place the chicken breast on a plate and lightly season with white pepper.
- Wrap the chicken breast with two strips of bacon using toothpicks to hold bacon in place.
- Heat a skillet and lightly cover with oil.
- Add the chicken breasts and brown all sides of the bacon and finish cooking.
- Remove the cooked chicken pieces and keep warm.
- Add the butter to the same pan and melt; add the mushrooms and garlic.
- Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the wine and cream, blending the mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Plate the bacon wrap chicken breast and serve with the mushroom wine sauce.
Excellent recipe. We recently made this and it was wonderful. Simple ingredients, inexpensive and wonderful tasty results. We will be making this on a regular basis.