Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe slicks chicken with a bold and slightly boozy marmalade baste to serve with a lip-smacking roasted carrot mash. Perfect for entertaining.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon whiskey
- 3 teaspoons oregano, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
For the carrot mash
- 2 1⁄2 ounces carrots, peeled and cut into 2in pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, whole
- 5 ounces potatoes, peeled
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 ounce butter
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Heat half of the oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken on both sides until brown.
- Pour the whiskey into a saucepan and add the oregano. Cook until reduced by half. Add the marmalade and stir until fully incorporated.
- Brush the chicken breasts with the mixture and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is in the oven, prepare the carrot mash.
- Boil the carrots for 5 minutes, drain, toss in olive oil and scatter over a roasting sheet.
- Add the garlic and roast alongside the chicken for 10 minutes.
- Cook the potatoes for about 15 minutes, until soft.
- Drain and add the roasted carrot and garlic; mash until soft. Stir the cream and butter into the mash and season to taste.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and remove from the roasting tin - leave to rest for 5 minutes. Pour the white wine into the tin and place over a low heat, scraping and lifting any meat sediment from the tin. Cook down for a few seconds to make a jus.
- To serve, place a dollop of mash in the centre of each plate, slice the chicken breasts and arrange on the top. Drizzle over the jus, and serve immediately.