1 hr 50 mins
This recipe slicks chicken with a bold and slightly boozy marmalade baste to serve with a lip-smacking roasted carrot mash. Perfect for entertaining.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon whiskey
- 3 teaspoons oregano, chopped
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup white wine
For the carrot mash
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F
- 2Heat half of the oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken on both sides until brown.
- 3Pour the whiskey into a saucepan and add the oregano. Cook until reduced by half. Add the marmalade and stir until fully incorporated.
- 4Brush the chicken breasts with the mixture and bake for 20 minutes.
- 5While the chicken is in the oven, prepare the carrot mash.
- 6Boil the carrots for 5 minutes, drain, toss in olive oil and scatter over a roasting sheet.
- 7Add the garlic and roast alongside the chicken for 10 minutes.
- 8Cook the potatoes for about 15 minutes, until soft.
- 9Drain and add the roasted carrot and garlic; mash until soft. Stir the cream and butter into the mash and season to taste.
- 10Take the chicken out of the oven and remove from the roasting tin - leave to rest for 5 minutes. Pour the white wine into the tin and place over a low heat, scraping and lifting any meat sediment from the tin. Cook down for a few seconds to make a jus.
- 11To serve, place a dollop of mash in the centre of each plate, slice the chicken breasts and arrange on the top. Drizzle over the jus, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breast With Whiskey and Oregano Marmalade
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.4
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 113.1 mg
- Sodium 160.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 31.4 g