Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got a calendar for 2007 with a recipe and food picture on each month. This is the first one that caught my eye!
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 ripe olives, pitted and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 6 green olives, pitted and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄4 cups canned Italian plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- Mix basil, garlic powder, thyme and pepper and rub into both sides of chicken. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Melt 2 Tbs. butter and olive oil in a heavy skillet over high heat. Add chicken and saute until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to plate.
- Melt 3 Tbs. butter in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until softened.
- Add garlic and tomatoes and cook 2 minutes.
- Add olives and cook 5 minutes more, stirring frequently.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve over chicken breasts.
Delish! Served with a side of whole wheat pasta tossed in olive oil and parmesan. I usually just do black olives, but the green were a nice addition. My bf doesn't even like green olives, but he sure did gobble them up. Thanks!
WOW! We all loved this! I used thighs(boneless skinless) and kalamata olives and served it over spaghetti seasoned lightly with olive oil and garlic. I also cut back on the butter. My hubby said it tasted like something you'd get at Olive Garden. Thank you for sharing and God Bless you.
Wow!! This dish was SO tastey. Loved it! I tried it as posted and then with a splash of fresh lemon juice. Either way, it was great. Thanks so much for posting it. Here's an update... A day later, I prepared a pizza crust mix, topped it with some ricotta cheese, topped that with leftovers from this recipe (chopped all together), and finished it off with a little mozzarella cheese. YUM.