Recipe by Alisa Lea
I got a calendar for 2007 with a recipe and food picture on each month. This is the first one that caught my eye!
Top Review by I cook-You clean
Delish! Served with a side of whole wheat pasta tossed in olive oil and parmesan. I usually just do black olives, but the green were a nice addition. My bf doesn't even like green olives, but he sure did gobble them up. Thanks!
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 ripe olives, pitted and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 6 green olives, pitted and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄4 cups canned Italian plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix basil, garlic powder, thyme and pepper and rub into both sides of chicken. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Melt 2 Tbs. butter and olive oil in a heavy skillet over high heat. Add chicken and saute until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to plate.
- Melt 3 Tbs. butter in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until softened.
- Add garlic and tomatoes and cook 2 minutes.
- Add olives and cook 5 minutes more, stirring frequently.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve over chicken breasts.