Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Chicken breast stuffed with spinach and pepper jack cheese
Make and share this Chicken Breast With Spinach and Pepperjack recipe from Food.com.
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained (you can also use fresh cooked spinach)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 16 toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Flatten the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pepper jack cheese, spinach, salt and pepper.
- Combine the Cajun seasoning and breadcrumbs together in a small bowl.
- Spoon about 1/4 c of the spinach mixture onto each chicken breast.
- Roll each chicken breast tightly and fasten the seams with several toothpicks.
- Brush each chicken breast with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning mixture evenly over all.
- Sprinkle any remaining spinach and cheese on top of chicken (optional).
- Place the chicken seam-side up onto a tin foil-lined baking sheet (for easy cleanup).
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the toothpicks before serving.
- Serve whole or slice into medallians.