Recipe by Barb G.
A tasty, easy way to fix chicken. The recipe comes from 1,001 Delicious Recipes for people with Diabetes.
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
Made this tonight for dinner using chicken tenders. It was so simple to make and loaded with flavor. This is a definite keeper! I used chicken broth for the liquid and I did omit the tomato because I thought I still had a few tomatoes but was mistaken. The chicken was very tender and juicy and the flavor pleased everyone in the family! Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind (Zest)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves (4-ounces each)
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine or 1⁄3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crumbled
- 1⁄2 diced peeled tomato fresh tomato
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, vingar, garlic, lemon rind, salt, and pepper in medium bowl; Add chicken and let stand 10 minutes, drain, reserving marinade.
- Cook chicken in remaining 1& 1/2 teaspoons olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until browned on all sides, adding any remaining marinade after browning; add wine and rosemary to skillet and heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered 10 minutes, add tomato and simmer, uncovered, until chicken is cooked through, about 6 minutes.