Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
In Italian the Recipe is called "Pollo in Padella con Salsa ai Peperoni" This is simple to prepare yet tastes as if you slaved in the kitchen all day. The flavor combination is marvelous!
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 red bell peppers, seeds and inner white ribbing removed,roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm 2 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the bell peppers and 1/2 cup of water,and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor, and add the cream.
- Season with salt and pepper, and puree until smooth; Keep warm.
- In another skillet warm the remaining 2 Tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper, and add them to the skillet.
- Saute until golden, add the wine and cook for 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Spoon the pepper sauce onto a serving platter, and top with the chicken.
- Sprinkle with parsley, and serve.
Sorry, we thought this was really bland. It's a great start...it just doesn't quite get there. I'll probably be tweaking it to see if I can add enough complexity to make it more interesting...but then it will be a different recipe!
I enjoyed the mild sweet tasting pepper cream sauce. I added a little sharp provolone cheese to the chicken before pouring the sauce over it.
Made for dinner this past Friday when I was craving red pepper sauce. As written this produces a very mild flavored sauce. I added a few tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese to this sauce as well as some minced garlic and cayenne pepper. 15 year old DSS ate a big plateful and enjoyed it. I think this would be great with shrimp in the future.