Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found the idea for this on the internet whilst looking for quince paste recipes. I think the original recipe was by Donna Hay, using baby chickens and double the prosciutto.
- 4 chicken breasts (about 200g each)
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons quince paste
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 4 leeks, washed,trimmed and halved
- olive oil
- cracked black pepper
- sea salt
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 bay leaves
- Preheat oven to 475f.
- Place a half a teaspoon of fennel seeds and 1/2 a tablespoon of quince paste on each chicken breast.
- Wrap 2 prosciutto slices around each chicken breast tucking underneath to hold secure.
- Place the halved leeks in the bottom of a baking dish and drizzle with a little olive oil and then sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- Pour the wine into the baking dish, then place the chicken breasts on top, tucking a bay leaf under each.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.